This course is a generic overview of the Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS).
The Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) is Canada’s national hazard communication standard. The three main elements of WHMIS are cautionary labelling of containers of WHMIS “controlled products”, the provision of material safety data sheets (MSDSs) and worker education and training programs.
- History of WHMIS
- Duties of employer, supervisor and worker
- Supplier and Importer Requirements for classification
- Labels (Supplier and Importer)
- Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDSs)
- Hazard Specific Issues & Symbols
- Routes of entry
- Health effects on the human body
- Transportation, Storage and Handling
- International Harmonization (GHS)
Who should attend:
Anyone who may come in contact with hazardous substances.