This course teaches participants how to develop an effective traffic control plan. Participants learn how to recognize, evaluate and control hazards related to road construction. They will use the Ontario Traffic Manual, Book 7: Temporary Conditions (Office Edition) as a reference in class. Participants must bring their own copy to class. Copies can be ordered from Publications Ontario: 1-800-668-9938.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Laws, Regulations and Standards
- Key Definitions associated with traffic control
- Training Requirements
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Reversing Vehicles
- Recognize, Assess and Control Hazards
- Signalman working near moving vehicles
- Understanding hand signals
- Control vehicular and pedestrian activities in work zones
Who should attend:
A worker involved in planning, communicating, or implementing traffic control and protection plans for highway work zones or on a construction project.